Filing a Claim for Storm Damage
We Offer Insurance Claim Assistance to Repair Your Roof
If your home has been affected by a severe storm, the storm damage might be covered by your insurance policy. However, you must take steps to fully document the damage to ensure that you get all the monies to which you’re entitled. If you are like many homeowners, you have never filed a homeowner’s insurance claim and may be unfamiliar with the process. To help you, Green Tree Home Solutions has put together a list of steps you should take immediately after the storm has passed.
Steps to File an Insurance Claim
Green Tree Home Solutions recommends that you follow these simple instructions to ensure that your claim is covered:
- Contact Green Tree Home Solutions if you are unsure whether the storm damage warrants filing of a claim. We can evaluate your property and provide expert guidance.
- Write down the storm date and the type of loss that you experienced, i.e. hail or wind. If the loss involves both wind and hail damage, be sure to specify that within the claim to avoid filing two different claims.
- Call the claims phone number for your insurance company – or call your agent if you can’t find the number – and explain that your home has experienced damage and you need to file a claim.
- Typically within 48 hours, your insurance company will contact you and provide you with a claim number. They will also give you the name of the insurance adjuster who will be coming to your home to review the damage, as well as the date and time for the appointment.
- Contact Green Tree Home Solutions to let us know when the insurance adjuster will be coming so we can be there during the appointment to ensure that no damage is missed.
Need Additional Assistance?
Green Tree Home Solutions is ready to help. We work with all major insurance companies, and our professionals can walk you through the entire process. Schedule an initial consultation today. Call us at (618) 767-6430, or you can fill out our online form to request service.